Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:28 am 

Hi everyone! My name is Nikki and I sort of stumbled across this site by a very happy accident! I've been enjoying a nice week long "Stay-cation" from work and during my down time I was watching my Seaquest DVDs and I had remarked on Twitter how I was watching this but it was a little sad because both Jonathan and Roy are now gone. And I was directed to this site!
A little bit about me...I grew up watching Jonathan act. Well him, Joey Lawrence (before Blossom I mean on Gimme a Break lol!) Wil Wheaton, Sean Astin, The Corey's and River Phoenix so that tells you the age group I'm in without having to say the word. :)
It was the first scary movie I saw, I was pretty young when I saw that movie and it made me deathly afraid of clowns I will not go to the Circus with my nieces now because of that movie.
As I said I grew up watching Jonathan Brandis Ladybugs was the first movie I saw on a "Date"
When I heard that River Phoenix died I was sad. I know this isn't an RP board, even after turning 21 and going to LA and going to the Viper Room and crying at the door because that was were he died at was nothing compared to how I felt when Jonathan died. I felt like I had lost a friend. I didn't know him at all other than once he came to Omaha for a car show to promote Seaquest and we exchanged hello's and I got my picture taken with him. (My mom still will go on about spending two hours waiting in line with me just so I could have my picture taken with him and that was YEARS ago lol! Only to do the same thing when Wil Wheaton came to town a year later lol! ) But I spent so much of my childhood growing up with him that I felt like I'm sure a lot of people my age felt when he died. Jonathan was only 4 years older than me and I think besides the fact I had spent so much of my childhood and early teenage years (and now in my 30's there I said it!) watching him like a lot of the world and he was so close to my age. When River Phoenix died it was sad and I cried when I went to the Viper Room but it really felt like I'd lost a friend when Jonathan died simply because he was so close to my age and he could have been any number of the friends I had or have now. My friends range in age from 4 years younger to 8 years older.
To rattle on a bit longer I love to talk obviously LOL :) I'll talk about anything and everything I enjoy hanging out with my friends, and family. And I have to run because my stay-cation is officially over and I have to go back to work now :(

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 am 

Boo for stay-cations ending! I hope you had a great one. (Since you were watching Seaquest I am assuming it was a pretty awesome one ;) )
Welcome to the boards Nikki! We're happy to have you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm 

Thanks!! :) Had to go back to work sometime :) My doggie likes to eat :) Well for that matter I guess I do too LOL more importantly I do love my Starbucks! :coffee1: Sometimes it's nice to have a week off to do nothing at all :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am 

So true, so true. I'm not much of a :coffee1: person but I must say I LOVE their :hotchocolate: .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 pm 

welcome