[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Jonathan Brandis Forum • View topic - Hello

Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 am 

Hello everyone. I'm just 16, probably the youngest one here. I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina, a small country in South-East Europe where probably no one has ever heard of Jonathan. I find out who Jonathan was just a few days ago. I was bored on Thursday and I decided to watch a movie called Ladybugs which was showed on TV. There I saw Jonathan for the first time in my life. I noticed his great acting and good looks. I forgot to sit through the credits to see his name so I went on IMDB and typed Ladybugs. I wanted to see what he was doing now and is he as beautiful as back in '92. When I found him the only thing I could see was - (1976 - 2003). I don't know why would this leave me paralyzed, but it did. And then I found out that he comitted suicide. At first i thought that he was probably doing drugs, but he wasn't. He was just depressed (as I am often) and nobody helped him. I felt sorry for him, his family and friends.

The next day I watched Sidekicks on the same channel. And I liked it very much. I found out that they are showing SeaQuest, so I watched that too. I realized what a great actor he was, and I still couldn't believe that he was gone. The same day I saw a tribute on Youtube with How to save a life playing in the backround. I cried. I haven't cried in years. Not even on funerals of my relatives. But there I was, crying for a man that I didn't even know. I still don't know why did I cried. It's been three days since I found out who Jonathan was, and I still can't stop thinking about him. It's driving me crazy. I haven't told anyone. Nobody knows about this except for you guys. I registered yesterday and I spent the whole day thinking whether to write this post or not. You probably think I'm crazy because I wasn't even born when Jonathan was famous. Anyhow I feel much better know that I told someone about this. Just don't make fun of me.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand what I wrote.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:45 am 

Hey. I'm Turtle.

Thank you for sharing your story, dear. Don't worry, no one will judge you or make fun of you. You're safe here. Our rules are quite simple: Respect others the way you'd like them to respect you. If you have any grief with another member, just message one of the mods (myself included). But don't worry. You won't have any problems.

Welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 am 

Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 am 

Jon,

for you Jonathan just died.
We remember what that was like - finding out the terrible truth - and we remember the days that followed, lacking a place to turn, without understanding, without knowing if anyone felt the same...and those lingering questions: Why? Why did he do this? Why do I feel like he did this to me? Why do I care so much about someone I never even met? Was there something I could have done?

I have no answers to any of those questions, but I can tell you that you are not alone, and that, in the many years since Jonathan took his life I have seen many people grieving his loss as deeply (or even more deeply) as they have a family member's. And it is real - equal to the same grief I've seen from people who knew him and loved him.

In whatever way he touched your life it was real and lasting, and no one here will doubt its veracity or depth.

Know that you're in a safe place here. We'll watch out for you. We get it.

-a survivor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 am