[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Jonathan Brandis Forum • View topic - One hello from Sweden!

Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: One hello from Sweden!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 am 

Hi everyone,
my name is Sara Marie and Im happy to have found this site about Jon and how remembered he still is by many people.

I will try (no, Im going to) celebrate him as much as I can, because Jon was such an amazing person who touched so many lives and he also touched mine from an early age without me not really knowing it at the time.
Its not until now, after finding out about his death, that I really understand how much I cared for him as a little girl, and how much I looked up to him as an actor and a person.
In a way (or several ways) he kinda saved my life, because of his amazing acting scills that made me open up my own doors to the world of my own imagination.
I always went inside of that door to my imagination when the pain became to much to handle in my personal life, and always saw Jon with his beautiful smile and deep blue eyes infront of me (especially him sitting on Falcor.)
The movie with Jon that had the most impact on me as a child was NS2, and I remember thinking as a child that this boy (Jon as Bastian) had something very very special about him. An awereness and a profundity that I had never seen or felt in another actor (or person in my own life) before, and I was only a child back then. I was myself very deep as a person (but social and happy too), and I can relate to Jon in so many ways. Which makes the feeling of loss even harder.
It feels somewhat like I have lost a very loving friend that I never got the chance to meet, but still knew in some way.
Anyway, I, as so many others unfortunately kinda forgot about him as I grew up, and it wasnt until a month ago that I came over the facts that he had left us.
8(!) years earlier...
I can relate pretty much to what Jonathanfanboy has described about how he felt/feels for Jon, and how I now have this guilty conscience aout Jon and how I wish that I had been a better fan when he was still alive.
But at the same time... He was such an incredible actor who hid his feelings so well, and all I saw when I was a child was this happy, careless, funny and strong person with a huge selfasteem that made me think that nothing or no one could ever displace this boys strong feet on this earth, espescially not himself...
Its just such a shame that I didnt really got the chance to truly understand how he was as a person earlier, both so beautiful inside and out as a human being, but also so haunted by his own pain and confusion. NOW I understand how he felt, and think I have a kind of a clear picture to why he did what he did since I can relate to that kind of feelings.
But that, on the other hand, does not bring him back...

So right now Im feeling very emotional, nostalgic, sad, angry, confused and lost. But Im going to hang in there and hope to find my strength back again as time goes on (and maybe I feel a little better by being here and get a chance to share my emotions with you guys).
And as I said, celebrate Jon the best I can, because thats the least I can do.

Pfhuh, hope I didnt write to much now! Its hard when it feels like there is so much that wants to come out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm 

Welcome Sara Marie, glad you found your way here too :) x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:22 pm 

I agree. Welcome back to the Brandisian Army.

PS: You might want to check my youtube page especially my latest video as you relate to my regret.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:28 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 am 

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Jonathanfanboy: I saw your last video as soon as it came up (almost anyway.)

So beautiful, honest, true. But also sad, cause its a little too early for me to look at all this memorials, at least without going almost out of my mind with feeling that my world is slowly taring apart.
But I do it anyway, cause I know that Jon would be glad to know that he is remembered and celebrated. So thank you for making this beautiful pecies of art.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 am 

Welcome again, SaraMarie. It's nice having you here :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:22 am 

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:31 am 

Hello SaraMarie.
I share your feelings too. Even this: "In a way (or several ways) he kinda saved my life" applies to me as well. Literally.
:ymhug:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 am 

:ymhug: