[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Jonathan Brandis Forum • View topic - happy to be here

Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: happy to be here
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 pm 

hello ;;)

guess..i'm the newest member in town. :) i'm kat from the philippines and just like all of u... a fan of the 1 and only jonathan brandis for more than 2 decades now.

joined the forum coz i dreamt of him last week... :(

Post subject: Re: happy to be here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 am 

Welcome kat!

As you can see, things are pretty quiet around here for long periods of time - but you're still among friends.

Take a look at all of the treats Jonathanfanboy has collected in the other section of the site and just...jump right in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 pm 

Hello Kat,

Always glad to make new friends.

Welcome among us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 am 

thank u for the warm welcome :x

the reason why i decided to join the forum now is because i dreamt of jon 2 sundays ago :( and i had been crying for almost 2 weeks now coz of that...i didn't expect that i would still feel the same pain even after almost 10 years of his passing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 am 

I'm always quoting poet Mark Strand on that:
"The scar remembers the wound.
The wound remembers the pain.
Once more you are crying."

Whatever he did to people - through some mystical connection or some kind of personal charisma - it struck very deeply. He didn't understand it, either, but he knew of its existence (though I doubt he could have ever conceived of its longevity.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am 

if he can only see how he is still missed by many :(
even after this long

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:03 am 

I feel the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 am 

i guess it's right to assume that majority (if not all) of us here really cried after the news of his passing

i cant forget that day...my bf (x-bf) was the one who consoled me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am 

How can I forget.... I still cry about it sometimes and its been over 2 years since I found out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm 

Fortunately this site exists now.
In 2003 there was no place to go - no place to turn - no one who 'got it' and no one who really understood.
Tough days, those.