[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Jonathan Brandis Forum • View topic - *cough* hello!

Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 2:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: *cough* hello!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am 

Well would you look at this. I never thought I would see this forum come back. I am glad it is though :D Its been a very very long time. I was a member of the original board. Hell its been so long I don't remember what my board name was. Im assuming it had to do with my name =Jen :D anyway, im glad to see your back board :D and hello to everyone :D cause apparently im a little late to the party :O

Post subject: Re: *cough* hello!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm 

welcome Jen. I did smile when I got the email that I had to activate your account.

Great nickname :D

Always nice to meet other fans(old and new)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm 

There seems to be some unauthorized use of mood elevators going on here... :D
But a smile is a smile (and they're infectious!) :D :D
So, welcome back...and it IS a great screen name because...well...
BACON.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am 

hmmmm Bacon
hmmmm Jedi
hmmmm Jonathan :D
so i was pa-rousing the forum and I see that irrelevant is Gar yes? can I ask why irrelevant? also how have you been?
do you remember the old 'adult' forum? if you do you may remember the 'dirty' stories of stuff like water bottles and oranges and random stuffs, this was me :D (just an fyi)

i misseded you guys *interweb huggles*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm 

Good to see another old face I was (still am LOL) Boone on there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 am 

hi boone!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:15 pm 

Oh well I remember the adult section, though I was only there once or twice (with enough shady people watching my every move in those days, I didn't need to give them any more ammunition.) Here, I'm present for Jonathan's memory and whatever else is just...irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:48 pm 

Hi Jen, welcome!

I used to be on the old forum too, I was Joyce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:37 am 

Hey, Jen! Welcome back! Yeah, the over-18 section was a blast... but there just ain't enough activity for that here. Hell, I'm worried about the activity... or lack thereof, in general!

You probably remember me anyway. Your friendly neighborhood mod, David... I had this name on the old board, and used to have it as Nephthys.

For those who may be wondering, the "adult" section wasn't crass like most things given that label. Mostly, we just didn't worry so much about offending anyone who was still under-18 if one of the jokes went past the Disney kind of rating. It was a good place to vent, relax, and not have to worry so much about what people might think. We talked about relationships, guys that were cute... I remember someone mentioning they knew Ryan Gosling... It was really a part of the old forum that was in my mind, considered "the off the record" spot like dinner with intimate friends, rather than where everything you say is public consumption for all ages.

Unfortunately, a few members at the time who WERE under-18 took issue with it, feeling excluded, but that wasn't unexpected. Personally though, I never liked arbritary ages being set for being allowed to do something or being somewhere. I always thought it ought to be a personal decision. Some young people are more mature, than many old fools. But you know, there was just no way around it. Not on a legal sense, and not socially when it's all but tattooed in the culture right now, be politically correct and mind what you say around 'impressionable people'.

All things considered, I think the one thing I weep for when I log in, is that we used to have just shy of a thousand members on the old forum. Well, not counting accounts of people who had passed on, like Brian, rest his soul. I really wish we had some way to get the word out, to those who still may not be aware we're still around. *sighs*

The other thing I miss most about the old forum, WAS being able to change your username. I remember how happy Gar was, once he was able to put the "." in his old username, "R.Garcia". But I guess life goes on, even if traffic on here doesn't.

In either case. I ramble. Welcome back, Jen! :-)

You've got a friend in me.